Golfing the Garden Route
The Garden Route is an exceptional golf destination with world class courses adorning dramatic cliff tops, sea views and scenic countryside. Knysna is extremely well positioned, making it possible to play on a different championship course every day of the week! Sosa Garden Villa is located close to the 8th green of Pezula and approximately 500 yards to the club house.
World class championship golf courses include:
- Pezula Golf Club
- Simola Golf Course (Jack Nicklaus signature course)
- Fancourt Country Club
- Pinnacle Point Golf Course (Darren Clarke signature course)
- George Golf Course
- Oubbaai Golf Club (Ernie Els signature course)
- Goose Valley Golf Course
African Travel Services have negotiated preferred rates at all the local golf courses (excluding Pinnacle Point) and will be happy to facilitate all bookings. For all Villa and activity bookings please contact Susan Patton – email@example.com or view our website at www.africantravelservices.com
Outdoor holiday activities include mountain biking, golfing, walking, bird watching, boating, canoeing, fishing and plenty more, while rainy days will see you in restaurants and shops, viewing wildlife and catching the amazing scenery from the many drives. Knysna is ideally situated to explore the Garden Route. Everything is just a day trip away!
Sun and Sea
The Garden Route offers some of the best water sport activity areas along the Southern Coast of Africa:
- Hire a boat or a catamaran, or bring your own, and cruise our beautiful lagoon, streams and rivers
- Take a ferry across to Featherbed Nature Reserve or to the Knysna Heads – enjoy a romantic sunset, or leisurely lunchtime cruise.
- For an adrenalin rush in the water, go shark cage diving at Mossel Bay or Blackwater Tubing at Stormsriver.
- Watch the dolphins and whales play along our coastline.
- Scuba dive the Knysna heads
Adventure Holiday Activities
- Paragliding – soar above the coast and have a birds-eye view of this beautiful environment.
- Abseil down the Knysna Heads and some other cliffs on the coastline
- Rock climb in some unique and beautiful areas
- Explore the area by quad bike (biking on the beach is not allowed due to the fragile eco-system).
- Experience the thrill of hanging from a cable and gliding from one tree top to another in the dense Tsitsikamma Forest.
Wildlife Holiday Activities
- Visit a Game farm just a few minutes outside of George and watch the crocodiles feed.
- Visit one or more of the world-famous ostrich farms in Oudtshoorn
- Touch leopards at a wildlife ranch.
- Get up close and personal with the inhabitants of Monkey Land.
- Visit the Cheetah farm, the Knysna Elephant Park and see the Knysna Seahorses in the Knysna Lagoon.
- Go to one of the many Nature Reserves in and around the Knysna area.
- George offers you the opportunity to go back in time and experience the old railway history of Southern Africa at the Railway Museum.
- Take the Outeniqua Choo-Tjoe steam train from George to Knysna and travel through the most scenic coastal areas.
- Indulge in fresh Oysters from the Lagoon and visit the local beer brewery.
- Take a trip through to Outshoorn and experience one of the Cango Caves.
- Visit the Post Office Tree and the Dias Caravel Museum in Mossel Bay.
Outdoor Holiday Activities
- This area is a golfer’s paradise. Visit one of the various PGA registered golf-courses along our beautiful coastline.
- Cycle on the many biking trails through the forests in the area.
- Hike or horse-back ride one of the excellent hiking and horse riding trails along the coast and in the forest.
Out and About
- Shop ’til you drop in the many unique shops in Knynsa – The Waterfront, Woodmill Lane and Main Street are just some shopping areas.
- There are a wide selection of Restaurants, Coffee shops, Pub & Grills, Pizzerias and Farm stalls in the Knysna area.
- Weekends are famous for the many markets in the area – from Sedgefeild to Hakerville and Wilderness.
Below are links to websites you may find of interest as you plan your stay in Sosa Garden Villa.